Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things may be looking up....

I have begun to cast a few more lures, putting my contact information out into the community and hoping that one of the fish bites....

What have I done? I've browsed Witchvox (a wonderful, wonderful networking site that I would recommend to anyone who is interested in paganism and/or networking within the pagan community) again, and looked for groups and pagan clergy members in my area. I've sent an email or two, and I've called that new friend I mentioned. He has yet to reply to the call, but I won't lose hope.

I have also visited the following three shops:
Evenstar Bookstore:
http://www.evenstarbooks.com/
2401 University Ave. W.
St Paul, MN. 55114-1507
651.644.3727

Eye of Horus: http://eyeofhorus.biz/minneapolis
2717 Lyndale Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN. 55408
612-872-1292

Magus Books & Herbs: http://www.magusbooks.com/
1309 1/2 4th Street S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55414
1-612-379-7669 (Questions)
1-800-99MAGUS (Orders)

I enjoyed my visits to all three shops, but I found that the people at Magus Books & Herbs were the friendliest and most helpful (it was here that I left my contact information, to be given directly to the leader of a local group called Circle of the Phoenix). The range of products sold at Magus would serve an extremely varied set of traditions/paths. I was particularly impressed with the book selection; while I found very little on Sumerian/Babylonian paganism (perhaps I just need to look a little bit more closely the next time I'm there), I saw books on everything from Gnostic Christian subjects to Yoga to Hellenic paganism. The atmosphere there was wonderful, and I was even treated to free tea, because it was Monday.

Note: If you are in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area come Saturday, June 28th, I'd suggest that you stop by Magus Books & Herbs to enjoy the Customers' Appreciation Day festivities!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you found us here, at the Eye! Just wanted you to be aware we have a couple of workshops with Kenny Klein, one of the founders of BlueStar Wicca, coming up at the end of the month, plus he'll be giveing a concert here, as well. There's also a Pagan Night Out/Meetup starting on the 2nd and 4th Weds. evening of the month so folks can connect. It's just starting this July, so I don't know how well-attended it'll be at first. You'll find info about all of the above and more our calendar.