Friday, July 18, 2008

Hooray!

After a long time searching, I've finally found a group learning opportunity! The one I mentioned in my previous entry didn't end up going anywhere--but, just yesterday, I attended the first of the Seeker classes offered at Magus Books & Herbs.

My thoughts: I know that I will enjoy this. It does seem a bit rudimentary to me, as I've been a solitary for a long time; however, any learning experience like this one is valuable. Guided study is something I've never done, and review is always, always useful (in my opinion, at least). Points of view and philosophies other than my own are both things of which I could use a hefty dose.

Will I take the study further, and decide to go through with the Year-And-A-Day training? I'm not sure. I'll have to learn about the Omphalos Tri-Cellan tradition, and see if it's something that resonates with me. If not, I'll seek out a group that has to do with Mesopotamian paganism....

No comments: